Currently, the following Job Opportunities are available:
Estimator - Construction
About the Job
Centerline Striping Company, Inc. has a 28 year history as Northern California's premier Pavement Marking Contractor and is seeking an Estimator.
Provide estimates to customers on private and public works projects. Responsibilities include project plan takeoffs, timely completion of bid documents as needed and following up with obtaining bid results. On award of project, duties include setting up of project documents, ordering materials as required, scheduling of project with the coordination of the Operations Manager and performing other related tasks as assigned.
Daily, Weekly tasks include:
- Carefully examine project plans and specifications and perform quantity survey or takeoff.
- Visit job sites prior to preparing bid to familiarize themselves as to the location and character of the proposed work.
- Evaluate subcontractor/supplier quotes.
- Ordering bid bonds as required.
- Attend pre-construction meetings as required.
- Prepare project bid; create jobs after receiving contracts, order materials, request material submittals, schedule work with the assistance of Operations Manager and invoice completed work.
- Attend formal bid openings as required.
- Make job site visits as required.
- Perform project cost analysis at conclusion of project.
- Able to clearly communicate to customers in English using telephone, U.S. mail and e-mail.
- Able to sit at a desk and use a computer monitor, mouse, and keyboard for up to four hours without a break.
- Able to quickly assess and prioritize customer needs.
- Able to maintain a high level of professionalism with customers and co-workers in high-stress situations.
- Able to respond in a courteous and helpful manner to customers and co-workers who may be angry or upset.
- Able to work in an environment with noise, including those associated with construction equipment, construction job sites, computer equipment, telephones, and other employees talking.
- Able to handle multiple tasks to fulfill job requirements.
- Working knowledge of PC's, computer literacy including 3+ years working knowledge of Windows 7 Operating System, Windows EXCEL 2007, Windows WORD 2007, Windows OUTLOOK 2007 and Windows POWERPOINT 2007 or newer versions.
- Working knowledge of SAGE 100 CONTRACTOR (formerly SAGE MASTER BUILDER) or similar construction software.
- Required: High School diploma or GED.
- Required: Associate of Bachelor's Degree, two years college courses in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Accounting, Business or equivalent experience.
- Candidates must have a valid California Driver License with a maximum of two (2) points within three (3) years. All final candidates will be subject to a Motor Vehicle Report and criminal background check prior to hiring.
Compensation will be based on experience and performance.
Pavement Marking Technicians
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
REPORT TO: Management Staff, Operations Manager, Superintendent, Foreman or higher level of authority.
DEPARTMENT: Field Production
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: (Fair Labors Standard Act) Non-Exempt
Currently this is a full-time position.
JOB SUMMARY: To safely perform a variety of tasks associated with the maintenance and installation of traffic stripes, pavement markings, pavement markers, traffic signs and traffic control related appurtenances.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the functions listed below)
Daily, Weekly tasks include:
- Drive, operate and maintain paint/thermoplastic equipment for application on parking areas, playground areas, highways, roadways, airport runways and taxiways.
- Check performance of the various components of various pavement marking equipment including air compressor, auxiliary engines, pumps, heaters, hydraulic systems, paint/thermoplastic/air/water and hydraulic lines, striping guns, reflective bead guns and electronic timers; troubleshoot equipment failures and report unresolved problems to assigned staff.
- Employ optical sight or mechanical pointer, lasers and cameras to guide striper on previously painted lines, marks or new layout for the purpose of painting center lines, lane lines, edge lines, gore lines.
- Read, interpret and follow blue prints, drawings and specifications as required to lay-out unmarked various traffic stripes and pavement markings.
- Perform arithmetic calculations.
- Operate and maintain an airless walk behind paint striper to apply various traffic stripes and pavement markings.
- Operate and maintain walk behind hot (400+ degrees) thermoplastic equipment for the application of various traffic stripes and pavement markings.
- Drive, operate and maintain stripe removal equipment by shot blasting or grinding for the removal of existing traffic stripes, pavement markings and pavement markers.
- Drive, operate and maintain sweeper truck, ride-on sweeper and vacuum equipment for the removal of fugitive dust and debris.
- Drive, operate and maintain pavement marker truck and equipment for applying hot (400+ degree) bituminous adhesive for pavement marker application.
- Drive, operate and maintain pressurized paint striping equipment for the application of various traffic stripes and pavement markings.
- Drive, operate and maintain hot (400+ degree) thermoplastic striper truck for the application of various traffic stripes and pavement markings.
- Operates and assists in the operation of vehicles, trailers and equipment, to include backup driving operations.
- Assists in installing and repairing of street signs, traffic signs, timber barricade, survey monuments, concrete wheel stops, channelizing devices and other roadway appurtenances.
- Perform manual labor, including the use of hand tools and operate various equipment; drive utility trucks on a daily basis; load and unload equipment, supplies and materials.
- Assist in the installation and removal of traffic control operations.
- Perform daily equipment and vehicle inspections as required.
- Maintains daily driving log and other records as directed and required.
- Perform other job related duties as directed.
- Ensure adherence to Company Injury and Illness Prevention Program and Employee Safety Handbook.
- Ensure adherence to the Company Employee Personnel Handbook.
- Requires explaining facts, interpreting situations, understanding oral and written instructions, and communicating with employees, contractors, and the public in English.
- Requires the ability to quickly assess and prioritize customer needs.
- Requires the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism with customers and co-workers in high-stress situations.
- Requires the ability to respond in a courteous and helpful manner to customers and co-workers who are angry or upset.
- Requires the ability to handle multiple tasks to fulfill job requirements.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of the assigned duties.
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination, color and depth perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties.
- Requires the availability to travel out of town and over night as required.
- Requires extensive work schedules on weekdays, weekends, and availability to deploy at nights and other times that are required.
- Must have transportation to and from work.
- Must have a telephone.
- Regular job functions are carried out in difficult and frequently hazardous working environments, to include temperature extremes, extensive direct sunlight, night work and heavy traffic situations.
- Regular job functions are carried out in an environment with exposure to noise, including those associated with airports, highways, construction sites and construction equipment.
- Frequent exposure to paint, thermoplastic, paint fumes, thermoplastic fumes, bituminous adhesive, chemicals, chemical fumes and other environmental substances.
- Regular job functions include continuous strenuous activities such as repetitive reaching, bending, lifting, twisting, kneeling, squatting and pulling; prolonged periods of standing and walking; and operating motorized equipment and vehicles.
- Essential job functions require maintaining physical condition necessary for light to heavy lifting and carrying: including frequent lifting to 50 lbs and occasional lifting up to 100 lbs as well as performing work activities that require fine manual dexterity or coordination in operating machines and equipment with steering wheels, joysticks, buttons, knobs, handles, toggle and rocker switches.
- Required: Must be willing to join the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades Local #1176 or General Laborers Union Local #185.
- Required: Maintain dues and “good standing” with the above mentioned Unions.
- Required: Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid California Commercial Drivers License (CDL), Class A or B with air brake endorsement.
- Required: Clean DMV driving record or be accepted by Company Insurance Policy Provider to drive Centerline Striping Company, Inc. vehicles.
- Required: Maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Required: High School diploma or GED with demonstrated proficiency in reading, writing, and basic math.
- Required: Valid Social Security card.
- Required: Pass a DOT Physical and drug test and remain drug free throughout employment.
- Preferred: Forklift Operation Certification (able to obtain through company training programs).
- Preferred: Flagger Certification (able to obtain through company training programs).
There are several ways to contact Centerline Striping Company, Inc. If we contact you for more information we will need a current printout of your driving record from the Department of Motor Vehicles. This must be supplied with your employment application for insurance purposes. In the meantime, thank you for your interest in joining our company.
Centerline Striping Co., Inc. is an equal
Centerline Striping Co., Inc.
9847 Dino Drive
Elk Grove, CA 95624
(916) 686-8860 Phone
(916) 686-8868 Admin. Fax
Click here for map to location.
request a quote |
contact us |
industrial links |
Centerline Striping Company, Inc.
9847 Dino Drive
Elk Grove, CA 95624 U.S.A.
Phone: (916) 686-8860
Administration Fax: (916) 686-8868
Estimating Fax: (916) 686-8875
Striping Co., Inc.
All rights reserved.